PAAG Art Display, Critique and Silent Auction
Art Display and Artwork Critique
- Guild members may bring 1 small piece of artwork of their own creation to be displayed, offered for sale and, if so desired, critiqued on by Professor Stuart Shils.
- Non-Guild member artists may bring 1 small piece of artwork of their own creation to be only critiqued on by Professor Stuart Shils. Non-member artwork will not be displayed nor offered for sale.
- Artwork to be critiqued must be registered for the critique upon arrival at the event. The critiques will public and be done in the order of registration.
- For those not a member of the Guild, there will be a fee of $10 to have their work critiqued. If there is not sufficient time for the work to be critiqued, the fee will be returned.
- Registration is from 1:00 to 1:30 on June 22nd in The Boyer Gallery of the Center For The Arts at The Hill School. It is located at 760 Beech Street near the intersection of Beech and Sheridan Streets in Pottstown, PA. Parking is available in a large parking lot accessible from Beech Street.
- The artwork may be a 2 Dimensional work such as a painting, photograph, collage, assemblage or the like, or a 3 Dimensional creation such as sculpture, carving, assemblage or the like.
- Artwork must be no larger than 2 feet square in any dimension.
- Member artwork to be displayed needs have a 3”x5” label attached to the front bottom legibly printed with the Title of the piece, the name of the artist, the medium, and the price if for sale or NFS if not for sale.
- Artwork will be displayed without being hung during the entire event, and must be removed at the end of the event. No artwork storage is available.
- All sales will be between the artist and the buyer. The Guild will not facilitate the sale, nor take a percentage of the sale.
- Artists and art lovers are asked to donate items for the Silent Auction. Suggested items include: artwork (framed or matted works, artist greeting cards, sculpture, pottery, art glass), art related materials (books, instructional DVD’s, new art supplies), antiques, vintage collectibles, gift cards and gift baskets. Only items that are in new or “like new” condition will be accepted. The items must be easily hand-carried by the buyer. Decision regarding the acceptability of a donation by a Guild representative is final.
- Drop off from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at The Boyer Gallery of the Center For The Arts at The Hill School. It is located at 760 Beech Street near the intersection of Beech and Sheridan Streets in Pottstown, PA. Parking is available in a large parking lot accessible from Beech Street.
- A Bid Sheet will be prepared for each item. The donor may specify a reserve price, but not a “Buy-it-now” price.
- All proceeds are go the Pottstown Area Artists Guild. Any items sold will qualify as a tax deductible donation since the Guild is a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- The Auction closes at 3 PM, at which time buyers must pay for and remove any purchases.
- All items not sold are to be removed by the donor on the day of the event by 4 PM. Items not removed will be donated to a local charity.